Golden Milk Recipe
A great anti-inflammatory drink that also tastes wonderful.
Write a review
- Fresh Turmeric Root to Taste
- Fresh Ginger Root Taste
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 2 cups of Water
- Honey to Taste
- Chai Spices for Variations
- 1. Add water to a small saucepan and put on high heat
- 2. Finely slice the turmeric and ginger and add to the water
- 3. Once the water boils lower the heat to a gentle boil for 5 minutes (this is important to get the flavour out)
- 4. You could strain out the ginger and turmeric here if you wish
- 5. Add the coconut milk and stir well
- 6. Bring back up to a simmer and add the honey and stir well
- 7. Turn off the heat and serve in mugs
- My quantities are deliberately vague because I like my golden milk very strong and rich but that would be too much for some people.
- A great variation is to add your favourite chai spices to this drink when you add the turmeric. Makes a beautiful caffeine free turmeric chai 🙂
- You don't have to use ginger but I like the combo.
Massage Freo - Oak McIlwain https://www.massagefreo.com.au/