In this article I will teach you how to use Healthpoint for private health fund claims without having to install a phone line (landline). Essentially what we are doing is fooling the Healthpoint device into thinking that is connected to a wired broadband connection.
You will need the following equipment:
- A modem/router that can connect a 3G/4g mobile broadband dongle and has at least one ethernet port
- A mobile broadband dongle – charged with some prepaid credit (I have a vodafone dongle pictured below however you can use whichever device you wish)
- A Healthpoint enabled EFTPOS terminal from one of the merchant providers (Commonwealth, Suncorp, ANZ or Tyro)
- An ethernet cable (this should come with your Healthpoint terminal)
Once you have all this available, complete these steps:
- Plug the modem into a power point and turn on
- Plug the EFTPOS terminal into a power point and make sure the terminal is on the dock
- Connect the ethernet cable from the EFTPOS dock to an ethernet port on the modem
- Plug the mobile broadband dongle into the correct usb slot on the modem
- Follow the instructions from the modem manual on setting up the 3G/4G mobile broadband connection. (Once connected the dongle should have a solid light usually green, blue or purple depending on the connection type)
- Wait a few minutes and then check the network icon on the Healthpoint terminal. If it is green then you are in action. You can enter Healthpoint test mode to make sure it works.
Well done. You are now using Healthpoint to make private health fund claims without the need to install or activate a phone line! Congratulations.